Click on ENTRY INFO to see each complete entry.
ABOUT THE FORBES MAIN STREET AWARDS (2017) PRESENTED BY CANON MAXIFY
The Forbes Main Street Awards celebrates small businesses and entrepreneurs who are driving positive change for their business and the local communities they serve. Awards will be given for the Best Social Media, Best Paid Marketing, Best Brick and Mortar Adoption of E-commerce, Best Community Engagement, and Audience Choice.
By entering the Forbes Main Street Awards (2017) presented by Canon MAXIFY (the “Contest”), you (“Entrant” “you” “your”) hereby agree to the Official Rules provided below. Your participation in the Contest and use of the Forbes.com website (the “Website”) operated by Forbes Media LLC (“Forbes” “we” “us” “our”) is also conditioned upon your agreement to abide by our Terms and Conditions (available at: https://www.forbes.com/terms). Please review our Terms and Conditions, in addition to these Official Rules, before participating in the Contest.
1. Overview. No Purchase Necessary. To Enter: Complete and submit the questionnaire located on the dedicated Contest page on the Website, located at: https://mainstreetawards.forbes.com (the “Contest Page”). The questionnaire will ask you to: (a) select the Contest category or categories for which you wish to be considered (i.e., Best Social, Best Paid Marketing, Best Brick and Mortar Adoption of E-commerce, and Best Community Engagement) (each, a “Category”); (b) provide background information about the business on behalf of which you are entering (your “Business”); and (c) answer a Category-specific question for each Category that you selected, addressing why your Business should win an award in the Contest (an “Award”).
You may also, but are not required to, create and upload an original video in which you and/or your Team Members (defined below) describe your Business and explain why your Business deserves to win an Award for a particular Category or Categories (an Entrant’s submitted questionnaire and any submitted video or other content is collectively referred to as a “Submission”).
Submit your Submission by uploading it to, and following any directions on, the Contest Page during the period of 12:00 AM ET on 7/17/2017 – 11:59 PM ET on 8/17/2017 (the “Entry Window”). You are responsible for determining the corresponding time zone in your respective location for entry. Submissions may not be returned or acknowledged. Limit one (1) entry per Business (e.g., you and your Team Members may only collectively submit a single Submission). This is a skill-based contest and, therefore, the element of chance will not be present in any phase of the Contest.
2. Submission Guidelines; Representations and Warranties. All Submissions must adhere to the guidelines outlined below. Please review these guidelines and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules carefully, as incomplete and/or improper Submissions (e.g., Submissions which may not comply with these Official Rules) may be disqualified in our and/or our Administrator’s sole discretion.
3. Use of Your Submission by Forbes and Canon. By making a Submission, you hereby grant Forbes and Canon a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, fully-paid-up and royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to exploit the copyright in the Submission and any and all ancillary rights therein in any and all media now known or hereafter devised including, without limitation, the right to use, publish, distribute, copy, edit, adapt, and perform your Submission or any elements thereof (including any supplemental information or materials provided by you in connection with the Contest, such as the names and likeness of you or any Team Members) online, in print, or in any other format, for any commercial or noncommercial purposes (e.g., marketing; advertising or native advertising; promotion; editorial coverage), whether related or unrelated to the Contest, and whether or not you are selected as a Finalist or Winner. Forbes and Canon are under no obligation to use your Submission in any manner, and use of your Submission is not indicative of whether you are entitled to any Award. Forbes and Canon are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your Submission by a third party. Forbes and Canon may use third-party platforms including, but not limited to, social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to promote the Contest and/or your Submission. You acknowledge that no such promotions featured on the social media channels of Forbes or Canon, or other assets owned, controlled, or engaged by such parties, are sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with any such social media sites, and hereby release such social media sites from any and all matters relating to the Contest. You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Contest and/or potential selection as a Finalist or Winner will not constitute a sponsorship or endorsement of you or your Business by Forbes, Canon, or Administrator.
4. Judging Process.
5. Award (5 recipients). Five (5) Awards: four (4) to Category Winners and one (1) to the Audience Choice Winner (collectively, “Winners”), consisting of the below. In no event will Forbes or Canon be obligated to award more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
6. Eligibility. You represent and warrant that your Business: (1) is independently owned and operated; (2) has a principal place of business in the United States; (3) is organized for profit; (4) has no more than five hundred (500) employees; and (5) does not occupy a substantial national market share in its industry. You further represent and warrant that (a) you are a legal resident of the United States who is at least eighteen (18) years of age; and (b) neither you, your Team Members, nor your Business have been convicted of a felony or been the subject of any criminal or civil investigation. This Contest is not open to employees, immediate family members of employees (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses), or those living in the same household of employees, of any of the following parties: Forbes, Canon, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, shareholders, officers, employees, agents, or advertising or marketing agencies, or Administrator (collectively with Forbes and Canon, the “Releasees”). Entrants consent to the use of their registration information in accordance with the Forbes.com privacy statement, available at: https://www.forbes.com/fdc/privacy.html. Contest is void where prohibited by law or regulation. All Federal, State, and local laws and regulations apply.
7. Limitation of Liability. Forbes, Canon, and Administrator are not responsible for typographical errors in any Contest-related materials, or for any individual's inability to enter the Contest, including but not limited to unavailable network, server, or other connections; failed software or hardware transmissions; other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected subscriptions/entries; or for any damage to any computer related to or resulting from participation. Multiple entries and those generated by script, macro, or other automated entry devices are not valid and will be disqualified. Forbes reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest should any of the foregoing occurrences corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Contest. If the Contest is canceled for any reason, including but not limited to those listed above, Winners will be determined from entries received up to the time of cancellation in accordance with the Judging Criteria and, as needed, the Tie-Breaking Procedure, unless otherwise indicated by Forbes. Entrants agree that the Forbes, Canon, Administrator, and the other Releasees shall not be liable for, and are hereby released from any claims relating to, injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof.
8. Dispute Resolution. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participants' actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. Winners List: For the names of the winners, send a standard-size postcard, only, with your return address to: Forbes Main Street Awards (2017) presented by Canon MAXIFY Winners List, P.O. Box 38, Marblehead, MA 01945. Requests must be received by December 31, 2017. Please do not send any other correspondence to this address.
10. Provided by: Forbes Media LLC, 499 Washington Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ 07310.
11. Presented by: Canon U.S.A., Inc., One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747.
12. Administered by: Promosis, Inc., 18 Prospect Street, Marblehead, MA 01945.